Rytec sees itself as a catalyst for sustainable development in the waste sector: innovative, consistent and pragmatic – a key gear in the transformation of existing infrastructure.
- We contribute to the utilization of renewable energy by designing fermentation plants, helping improve energy efficiency of waste incineration plants, building photovoltaic plants, identifying new options of utilizing waste heat, as well as operating and optimizing landfill gas plants.
- We help conserve resources by developing systems for recovering phosphorus from sewage sludge, determining for our customers state-of-the-art resource recovery technology as well as helping towns with the planning and optimization of waste disposal and recycling.
- We put our experience in the areas of renewable energy, improving efficiency and state-of-the-art technology to use when we develop strategies for waste management associations and entire regional authorities.
- We collaborate with pioneers, test innovative approaches, discover and probe new technologies, as well as promote them.
- One question has been on our minds for some time: how can the waste industry contribute more to the development of an economy based on closed material cycles? In this context, we are currently testing a number of interesting approaches, such as ‘cradle to cradle.’
Rytec also applies its ecological thinking to the company’s normal workday. For example, Rytec Switzerland employees always take public transit to get to business meetings where possible; they travel by train or use a car sharing program (with carbon offsetting), and they will take the night train rather than fly. We use recycled paper and always try to obtain office supplies that have been produced ecologically. Our computers, office equipment, and kitchen appliances are procured according to specific criteria, such as low energy consumption and a long service life. We always look for organically grown products and fair trade products when buying fruits or coffee. And, of course, we separate our garbage.